[Sisyphus pushing the Boulder of Liberty up the Mountain of Statism.
[Structure of Production of Ideas]
On strategies for achieving radical change:
some of my thoughts on strategy:
- “The Prospects for Liberty: The Threats it faces and how to counter them” (23 Mar. 2022)
- on a dear colleague who took his own life fighting to maintain Goodrich's original strategy of long-term educational change: “Nicolás Maloberti In Memoriam (1975-2021)” (2 July, 2021)
- The State of the Libertarian Movement after 50 Years (1970-2020): Some Observations (25 March, 2021)
- Rothbard on Strategy (12 November, 2020)
- The Work of Sisyphus: the Urgent Need for Intellectual Change (25 April, 2020)
Rothbard on Strategy for Change:
- "An Historical Examination of Past and Present Strategies used to bring about Ideological and Political Change" (Feb. 2018; revised 13 Nov. 2020) HTML.
- 1965: "Left and Right: The Prospects for Liberty", Left and Right. A Journal of Libertarian Thought, Spring 1965, no. 1, pp. 4-22. Facs. PDF version; HTML version.
- 1973: "A Strategy for Liberty" in For a New Liberty (New York: Macmillan, 1973). PDF version; HTML version (from the 2006 edition).
- 1977: Rothbard's seminal and provocative paper on "Toward a Strategy for Libertarian Social Change" (April, 1977) - PDF and HTML versions.
- 1978: his 1977 paper was summarised and published with a collection of other essays on libertarian strategy in Libertarian Review (Aug. 1978) - "Strategies for a Libertarian Victory". HTML version; PDF version
- see the entire issue of Libertarian Review with articles by Milton Mueller, Ed Crane, Leonard Liggio, Charles Koch, Bill Evers, and David Theroux: PDF version.
- 1982: "Toward a Theory of Strategy for Liberty" (1982) in The Ethics of Liberty. PDF version; and HTML version.
- 1986: "Concepts of the Role of Intellectuals in Social Change Toward Laissez Faire", The Journal of Libertarian Studies, vol. IX, no. 2 (Fall 1990), pp. 43-67. Facs. PDF version.
- 1992 Jan.: "Right-Wing Populism: A Strategy for the Paleo Movement," Rothbard-Rockwell Report (Jan. 1992) pp. 5-14. HTML version; facs. PDF version.
- 1992 Jan.: "A Strategy for the Right," Rothbard-Rockwell Report (January 1992). HTML version.
- 1994 Oct.: "A New Strategy for Liberty," Rothbard-Rockwell Report (October 1994). HTML version; facs. PDF version.