Works by Murray N. Rothbard (1926-1995)
|MNR in the 1950s
The largest collection of his works can be found at the Mises Institute website but they are poorly organised and catologued.
Works on Strategy (listed in chronological order):
- 1965: "Left and Right: The Prospects for Liberty", Left and Right. A Journal of Libertarian Thought, Spring 1965, no. 1, pp. 4-22. Facs. PDF versioon; HTML version.
- 1977: "Toward a Strategy for Libertarian Social Change" (April, 1977). Facs. PDF version; HTML version.
- 1982: "Toward a Theory of Strategy for Liberty" in The Ethics of Liberty, with a new introduction by Hans-Hermann Hoppe (New York University Press, 1998), chap. 30, pp. 257-73. PDF version; and HTML version.
- 1986: Murray N. Rothbard, "Concepts of the Role of Intellectuals in Social Change Toward Laissez Faire", The Journal of Libertarian Studies, vol. IX, no. 2 (Fall 1990), pp. 43-67. [Paper given in Poland in March, 1986.] Facs. PDF version.
- 1990: "Concepts of the Role of Intellectuals in Social Change Toward Laissez Faire," The Journal of Libertarian Studies, vol. IX, no. 2 (Fall 1990), pp. 43-67. PDF version.
- 1992 Jan.: "Right-Wing Populism: A Strategy for the Paleo Movement," Rothbard-Rockwell Report (Jan. 1992) pp. 5-14. HTML version; facs. PDF version. A truncated version of this essay was republished in The Irrepressible Rothbard: The Rothbard-Rockwell Report Essays of Murray N. Rothbard. Edited with an introduction by Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr.. Preface by JoAnn Rothbard (Burlingame, California: The Center for Libertarian Studies, Inc., 2000), pp. 37-42.
- 1992 Jan.: "A Strategy for the Right," Rothbard-Rockwell Report (January 1992). HTML version.
- 1992 Oct.: "A New Strategy for Liberty," Rothbard-Rockwell Report (October 1994). HTML version; facs. PDF version.
The Complete Libertarian Forum (1969-1983)